Losing weight can be a battle, but why not be realistic about your goals rather than kill yourself striving for a size 0? A happier alternative to the cycle of weight loss and gain is to achieve a weight you and your doctor can both live with. In this tutorial, learn how to calculate your BMI and ways to figure what your "happy weight" is.
You Will Need:
• A calculator
• Your doctor
• Common sense
• Healthy eating and physical activity habits
Step 1: Calculate your body mass index
Calculate your body mass index (BMI) by multiplying your weight in pounds by 705, and then dividing the product by your height in inches squared.
Step 2: Evaluate your BMI score
Compare your BMI: a BMI between 19 and 25 is in the normal range. If your BMI is between 25 and 29, you are considered overweight and if your BMI is over 29, you are considered obese.
Step 3: Decide your ideal weight
Decide your ideal weight and determine how much weight you would like to gain or lose, using the BMI, common sense, and your doctor's advice.
Step 4: Develop healthy eating and physical activity habits
Develop healthy eating and physical activity habits to maintain a stable weight when you have achieved your ideal weight.
Tip: Avoid dieting unless you are seriously overweight or have medical reason for losing weight (such as having high blood pressure or being at high risk of heart disease).
Fact: Two-thirds of the US adults are overweight or obese.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades