If you've ever gone on a diet then you know that "dessert" usually leaves your vocabulary quickly. But sometimes you gotta live a little and satisfy that sweet tooth! After all, not doing so may just cause you to pig out and totally fail on your diet.
Check out this video to learn how to bake sweet chunky carrot cake cookies which each have less than 100 calories. So take a bite when you're craving something tasty - just don't eat more than one or two!
This healthy carrot cake cookie recipe has zero refined sugar! Just all natural stevia.
* ½ cup of unsalted organic butter ( room temperature)
* ¾ cup NuNaturals Nustevia Sweetener™ Baking Blend, or their MoreFiber™ Blend
* ¼ cup of NuNaturals Sweet Health Erythritol Crystals
* 2 eggs
* ½ cup applesauce
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 ¼ cups of whole wheat pastry flour
* ½ - 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 1 ½ cups of shredded carrots
* 1 medium size shredded zucchini
* ½ cup walnuts
* ½ cup raisins
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* ½ teaspoon Nutmeg (optional)
* 1 teaspoon Ginger ( She used fresh grated ) ( optional )
* 1 teaspoon of salt
Preparation : ( makes approx. 30 cookies)
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees
* Blend together the butter, NuNaturals Sweetener™ Baking Blend, & Erythritol until creamy. Then add eggs, applesauce, and vanilla.
* Slowly blend in flour & baking powder. Plus add the cinnamon & optional nutmeg & ginger.
* Lastly add the remaining ingredients & blend well together.
* Spoon batter on sprayed cookie sheet or parchment paper, about 12 spaced out.
* Bake for 6-10 minutes depending on your desired consistency, the longer, the crunchier.
* Let cool & ENJOY !!
Options: Top them with coconut butter, or light cream cheese frosting for a carrot cake Delight !